Posts tagged food
Posts tagged food
i had a rainbow cake last year
it was full of miracles
casually puts this here again
I must learn how to make the second row down right column one. *_*
look at this cake, this cake is amazing
(Kris and I made it for a wedding. Well, I helped. I can’t take much credit, because he is too wonderful.)
This is a dish called Odori-Don. It has a dead squid on top that “dances” when Soy Sauce is poured on it, activating its neurons.
THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER.
WHAT THE HOLY SHIT
WANT TO KNOW WHY
IS IT THE GLUTAMATE IN SOY SAUCE????
THIS IS AWESOME
I patently refuse to watch this again because of reasons.
But I will gladly subject my followers to it. XD
I don’t know what my feelings are doing!
Foods that appeared in Ghibli movies, recreated in real life.
eeeeeeeeeeh this just makes me heart sing!
8D 8D 8D I need moar of this!
also goddamn it, I just ate but now I am hungry again, so hungry
I can’t. Even. xD I have never been able to say them all out loud without laughing uncontrollably. I completely lose it at “mershed perderders,” and never look back.
also I will always reblog these, how can I not
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. You don’t want this to remain super-liquidy. It’s best if it becomes a consistency similar to toothpaste.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; set aside.
4. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
*Keep the heat low or your pancakes might cook up too quickly. Don’t flip them until you see those bubbles starting to pop on top. Flip them with a wide spatula so you can grasp the whole thing without batter and filling dripping all over the place!
*It’s best if you pour the batter onto your skillet, wait a minute or so and then swirl the cinnamon onto the batter. That’ll give it a chance to set a little before you add the swirl.
*If your baggie of filling begins to get too thick, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up again. On that same note, it shouldn’t be too runny. The consistency of soft toothpaste is perfect. If it’s melty and runny, it will tend to run all over your pancakes. Once you micro it, let it sit on the counter at room temp for a while until it thickens slightly.
holy shit I need to do this like right fucking now
ugh… i had an “ask” from someone a week or so ago asking for a cake suggestion for a medieval themed wedding and now i can’t find it. i have to admit i was kind of stumped, but when i saw this homemade chocolate cake with figs i thought of you miss anon, hope you see this!
holy shit holy shit 8D
Earl Grey Ice Cream
Find the recipe here.
I LET OUT AN AUDIBLE GASP OF DELIGHT WHEN I SAW THIS.
omg, it’s not even ice cream.
it’s frozen custard.
which is BETTER!
SO MUCH BETTER.
CUSTARD FOR ALL THE FOOD AWARDS.
this… THIS IS A THING?